City Year is in its first year of service in Birmingham and 50 young people from Birmingham’s universities, colleges, schools and communities have been recruited to be corps members.
City Year is supporting 4,000 local children, of which 400 of the most vulnerable will receive intensive mentoring support. Our corps members are currently serving in:
• Broadway School (secondary), Perry Barr
• Golden Hillock School (secondary), Sparkhill
• Holte (secondary) and Lozells (primary) Schools, Lozells
• Parkfield Community School (primary), Saltley
• St Francis' Catholic School (primary), Handsworth
Following careful research, City Year identified that it could make a real difference to young people growing up in Birmingham. The encouragement we have received from Birmingham’s education professionals, youth groups, councillors, MPs and business leaders has been amazing. They all believe that City Year can help schools tackle under attainment.