To support you through your year of service you will receive:
- Living expenses up to £4,400 a year in London and £3,960 in the West Midlands and Greater Manchester
- Reimbursement for any travel expenses you incur as a result of City Year activities.
- Support with your financial management through training, workshops and online tools.
- The City Year Hardship fund if eligible.
- Free uniform, including our iconic red jacket.
- City Year is a shared experience: you will contribute to and benefit from the support of other members within your school team.
- You will be managed and supported by an Impact Officer.
- You will receive mentoring support from an employee at one of our corporate partner organisations.
- You will have one day per week dedicated to your personal and professional development through our exceptional Training Academy.
We recruit on an ongoing basis and we advise that you apply early to secure your place.
We recruit on an ongoing basis and welcome applications for next year’s programme.
Yes - we have a dedicated recruitment team who are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We receive a high volume of applications but you’ll hear back from us within five working days.
The recruitment process gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your eligibility for the City Year programme. For more information on the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, but not for the same year. You will be eligible to apply for the following year.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. We will make reasonable adjustments to accommodate your needs in the assessment process. If you are successful and are offered a place on the programme, we will discuss with you the reasonable adjustments that need to be made throughout the programme.
All applicants must satisfactorily complete the enhanced DBS check. Please disclose any detail on your self-declaration form and if successful, we will contact you to set up a safeguarding panel meeting where your situation will be reviewed. If you have any queries prior to assessment centre please contact: email@example.com.
Yes - we accept applications from people who are studying for or who have completed A-Levels and a degree. We also welcome applications from people who haven’t taken an academic path.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to give feedback at the application stage, but we do give feedback after you’ve been to an assessment centre.