City Year UK alumni go on to be successful in a range of different careers
Here at City Year UK we want to help young people transition from one stage of life to the next important stage. Your experience will provide you with the tools needed to make a success of your life after City Year. You’ll become a self-confident leader with the values, knowledge and skills to continue contributing to your communities long after your City Year.
City Year UK graduates (known as alumni) follow a variety of pathways:
- Public sector – a number of alumni go into the education sector in teaching, support or pastoral roles, while some go on to do a PGCE teaching degree or study social sciences with the aim of entering the social care sector.
- Third sector – alumni have gone on to work for other charities, while some continue to volunteer in the UK and abroad in other community volunteering programmes. Some even come to work at City Year UK!
- Private sector: Our alumni have entered the corporate world in sectors ranging from finance to engineering to sport. Some go on to work for our corporate partners, some embark on graduate schemes and we’ve even had budding entrepreneurs set up their own businesses.
Become part of a network of leaders for life
City Year UK’s support for your development doesn’t end when you graduate. You become part of a global network of more than 30,000 City Year leaders for life.
There are many advantages to being a leader for life, including:
- access to a bridge builder (mentor) who will be available to support you in your initial ventures after City Year
- invitations to Learning From Leaders events, our careers fair and other networking events
- the opportunity to apply to be a bridge builder and support a volunteer through their own journey.
Also, don’t forget that City Year UK is growing fast and is always keen to retain great people as staff. Consider choosing to transition from volunteer to a staff member of the movement.
Whatever you go on to do, we hope you will remain connected with City Year UK, remain an active member of the alumni network and continue to spread our mission and vision.