We recruit an outstanding and diverse mix of young people
City Year UK is built on inclusivity. It’s open to any 18 to 25-year-old with a minimum Level 3 qualification (A level or equivalent). What makes our young people extraordinary is their ambition to improve the lives of children, a willingness to stand up as a role model, the desire to keep learning themselves and the determination and resilience to complete the year.
Competencies we’re looking for
A year of service in a school is hard work – but for those who grab the experience with both hands, it’s worth it. Throughout the application process we will be assessing your abilities using our competencies listed below. We’re not expecting you to be perfect so consider each competency carefully at every stage of the application process.
- Commitment to transforming children’s lives
- Self awareness
Throughout the process we will also look for evidence that you can conduct yourself professionally in terms of how you present yourself and how you communicate and relate to others.
If this sounds like something you want to do, why wait – get started on your application today. Make sure you read our top tips for applying guide to give yourself the best possible chance.
To be eligible for our programme you will need to be:
- passionate, committed and have the emotional maturity to work with disadvantaged young children
- aged 18-25 when you start volunteering
- eligible to live and work in the EU for a year
- live in the Greater Manchester, the West Midlands or London area during your year of service.