We are proud that City Year UK has been nominated for a number of voluntary sector awards in recent years.
These nominations are in recognition of the extraordinary service our corps members give to their communities.
- British Red Cross Humanitarian Citizen Awards (HCA) 2015 – corps member Usaama Kaweesa shortlisted
- Department for Education Character Award 2015 – Regional winner
- Corporate Engagement Awards – Best Educational Programme – Highly Commended (with National Grid and Grayling Public Affairs)
- vInsipred National Awards 2012 – Best team
You can also view our special vInspired photoshoot here.
- Big Society Award – 2013 winner
City Year UK was a Big Society Award winner in May 2013 as our corps members were recognised for their outstanding contribution toward social action.
Prime Minister, David Cameron said:
“Not only does this scheme help thousands of children to achieve their aspirations; it also helps the volunteers taking part to get on in their careers.
“I am delighted to award City Year UK with a Big Society Award in recognition of their achievements, and pleased too, to see that they will be able to expand their work across the UK through their strategic partnership with Credit Suisse.”
Read the full story here.
View photos of our visit to Downing Street here.
- Charity Times Award – Social Action Champion
City Year UK has been shortlisted for a Social Champion Award at the 2013 Charity Times Award.
Read more here.